Thursday, March 7, 2019

Holding my own


Things have just been chugging along. All my bills are paid. I have money in the bank. I have money set aside for some bills that will come due in the next paycheck period. We call that funding ahead. Some people can fund ahead a month or two or even six. I was super excited that I could fund slightly ahead for the next pay period. Baby steps I guess.

One thing that has really been bothering me is how much I spend on that stupid Klondike game. I have spent $60 in March so far and it's only the 7th. At this rate, I'll spend over $300 this month on this game. So I'm going to set myself a monthly budget for this game and that's it. Also, I removed my payment methods on Facebook so that I can't just click buy. I will actually need to enter a credit card to buy anything, Better.

I had wanted this month to just be setting things right. Make sure nothing bounces and kind of figure out what my budget amounts need to be going forward. That's working pretty well, I just get annoyed having to keep moving things in my budget. It's not like I have to move the money in real life, just move the money around to different jobs. I guess it's okay, it's all a learning process.

I'm anxious to get my tax refund - that still hasn't arrived - and to get our next paychecks. I like this budgeting thing and I want to get further in my budgeting journey. I want to get a couple of good months under my belt and really see how this thing works.

Okay, I'm in class and we are watching a video so I should get back to paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing the mindset

So the hardest part of this whole YNAB thing is changing the mindset. I've mentioned this before but it's really coming up in the la...